Tuesday, December 18, 2012

LavaCon

I did have a very good time at LavaCon, which is the name of the conference. It was such a whirlwind that I didn't really have a good grasp on what I learned. But later at work I had to do a 15 minute presentation for my co-workers and it turns out I had a lot to say. If I had been able to blast through my presentation, it was 15 minutes. But because they asked questions and things turned into discussions, it took an hour and a half or more! If they have different sessions, I would like to go again. We have new social media stuff at work so I would like to continue learning more about that. Plus it applies to all my comic stuff.
Speaking of social media, the Instagram news sucks. I might switch to flickr. Instagram, starting Jan 16, will use any posted images whenever they like, for free, in ads, including selling them to other businesses. This is terrible for every artist who posts work there. I will, at the very least, not be posting any of my art work any more. That would just be silly. Not that the artwork is great or the pictures are good, but still not worth the risk. So glad Facebook bought Instagram. Not. I kinda hate Facebook, but it is so ubiquitous at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment